If someone you know is being stalked:
- Listen to the victim and believe what they are saying
- Be supportive
- Don't blame the victim for what is happening
- Remember that every situation is different; the victim must be the one to make choices about how to handle it
- Find a trusted person that you can talk to about the situation
- Take steps to ensure your own safety
- Encourage the victim to seek help and resources in their community
- Explain the importance of a safety plan as well as an incident log.
You can help stop domestic violence and child abuse.